We’ve put together these guidelines to help you determine eligibility
Eligibility for Contractual and Non-Contractual Employees
Those employees covered by collective bargaining agreements with the Participating Union are in general referred to as “contractual employees.” Other employees of signatory employers who are not covered by a collective bargaining agreement requiring contributions to this or any other health plan are in general referred to as “non-contractual employees.”
- Contractual Employees Subject to the rules set forth in the Summary Plan Description, contractual employee working in employment covered by a collective bargaining agreement with a Participating Union is eligible on the first day of the second calendar month following the month for which the individual has accrued 480 units. Units are only accrued for hours for which contributions are required and actually paid under a collective bargaining agreement with a Participating Union.
- Non-Contractual Employees Qualified Non-Contractual Employees of Participating Employers may be eligible for Plan benefits if they meet the proper conditions.
Eligibility for Contractual and Non-Contractual Retirees
- Contractual RetireesA “contractual retiree” is any person who is eligible for and actually is receiving pension benefits from the Pacific Coast Roofers Pension Plan for work covered by a collective bargaining agreement or as an employee of the Union. Retirees’ spouses are also eligible as dependents, but no person is eligible both as a retiree and a spouse.
- Non-Contractual Retirees A Non-Contractual retiree is any person (a) who is not gainfully employed for 40 or more hours per month, and (b) meets the Plan’s eligibility rules for Non-Contractual retiree coverage.
- Your lawful spouse, or if you have no lawful spouse, your Registered Domestic Partner. For this purpose, Registered Domestic Partner shall mean any person who has registered a domestic partnership with a governmental body pursuant to state or local law authorizing such registration.
- Your natural born children and other children defined as follows:
- (a) Adopted Children. Adopted children beginning on the date of placement for the purpose of adoption;
- (b) Stepchildren. Stepchildren (including children of spouses and Registered Domestic Partners) who are domiciled with the Participant in a parent-child relationship and are chiefly dependent upon the Participant for support and maintenance.
- (c) Guardianship. Other children who are (i) domiciled with the Participant in a regular parent-child relationship, (ii) are chiefly dependent upon the Participant for support and maintenance, and (iii) either the Participant or the spouse is the dependent’s legal guardian.